For years we have been asked by customers to provide containers for moving items from one U.S. location to another. While we are not in the habit of turning down business, the nature of our business model does not enable us to offer a cost-effective solution. The following example of a move from St. George, MO to Boise, ID shows why.
Steps in the process (example cost):
- Purchase the container in St. Louis ($1900) Deliver the empty container to St. George, MO ($225)
- You load the container and lock it ($0)
- Rent a crane to lift the loaded container onto flatbed truck ($1000)
- Truck delivers the loaded container to Boise, ID ($1500)
- Rent a crane to lift the loaded container off of flatbed truck ($1000)
- Unload container ($0)
- Total cost of example: $5625 plus potential additional standby charges and unforeseen expenses. Also, at this point you have to determine whether to keep the container or locate and deliver to a buyer.
As an alternative, we suggest ABF U-Pack Moving. They offer four self-move options that may address your specific needs, including a scenario where they drop a trailer, you load it, they move it and you unload it. You can reach them toll-free at 800-355-1696 or on the web at www.upack.com.
Then, if you are interested in purchasing a new or used container for use at your new location, please complete our Equipment Quote Form and we will quickly respond with a customized quote. Or, contact us at 800.506.7368 and find out how well we can work for you.
We hope this information is helpful!